Who We Are
Homescope Independent, Homescope 16 plus and Homescope (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ hereafter referred to as “Homescope”) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Homescope’s registered office is at 2nd Floor, Lakeside, Alexandra Park, Prescot Road, St Helens WA10 3TP and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5575883. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is Patricia Neil, and we can be contacted at the registered office on 01744 612020 or via email at .
Information That We Collect
Homescope processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our services, or to offer/provide you with employment We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect is:-
- Home address
- Personal email
- Business email
- Home telephone number
- Work telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
- Personal employment references
- Details of any criminal convictions in line with our statutory requirements
- Information required by the safeguarding board, police or ourselves connected with a child/young person safeguarding matter
We collect information in the below ways:-
- Online forms
- Employment CV’s
- Employment application forms
- Website enquiries
- Telephone enquiries
- Email enquiries
- Reviews and one to one meetings
- D.B.S (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- From our recording procedure record
- From yourself in safeguarding situations
How we use your personal data (legal basis for processing):-
Homescope takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to be able to contact you about your employment
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with the courts in relation to attachments of earnings orders or the Child Support Agency
- We have a need to collect personal data during our employment process to meet our legal requirements under HR Laws
- We collect personal data to ensure we comply with Health and Safety regulations in terms of risk assessments and assessing capability and fitness to work
- We collect personal data to comply with DVSA regulations in terms of driver licensing laws
You have the right to access any personal information that Homescope processes about you and to request information about;
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and disclosing your personal information:-
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
Homescope takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including;
- Physical location protection
- Website SSL certificates
- Layered authorisation, so that different levels of staff only have authority to access appropriate levels of information in line with their position in the organisation
- Encrypted data
Consequences of not providing your data:-
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Homescope, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
How long do we keep your data:-
Homescope only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
In relation to children/young children subject to the 1989 Children Act or other related legislation, data/recording can be archived after it has been inactive for 3 years, however some children’s information which could contain staff personal data as a necessity, is passed to the host Local authority for 75 years.
Lodging a complaint
Homescope only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Homescope Independent Living
Patricia Neil – Data Protection Officer
Tel: 01744 612020